Pittwater House is an independent, non-selective, secular school offering a private school education for students from Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12.
The School is located in Collaroy, on Sydney's picturesque Northern Beaches, and is run coherently in three divisions:
- The Junior School: Pre-Kindergarten, Junior Girls' College and Boys' Preparatory School
- The Girls' College: Year 7 -12
- The Boys' Grammar School: Year 7 - 12
Our five tenets
With consistent reference to our HEROIC Core Values, at Pittwater House we remain committed to five key tenets, or 'volumes', which enable us to deliver an exceptional educational experience for our students and their families.
- Twin schooling approach - our unique School structure, how it works and why we use it
- An innovative learning model - our student-centred teaching and learning model, 'Deep Learning' and how it supports all of our learners, from high potential students to those requiring a little more support
- Knowing and respecting students, staff and their families - the scaffolding in place to support our School community, from our small class sizes, to our pastoral care and leadership programs, our Parents' Association and our Alumni Association
- Well-rounded opportunities for a balanced education - how co-curricular involvement benefits the whole child
- Excellence in teaching and learning - the ways in which we sustain our fabulous teachers, as vital members of our School
At Pittwater House there is a great spirit of friendliness, mutual respect, manners and a recognition of achievement, all reflected in the school motto semper diligens - Latin for 'always hardworking'.
It underpins the attitude to which we apply ourselves each day at school in all that we do.
Pittwater House will continue to be recognised as a leading learning community, committed to excellence in all its endeavours and where every student matters every day as they experience true balance in education.
Pittwater House is committed to developing high achieving students who are connected to each other and to the communities in which they live and in which they will serve.
“Each of these elements form a unique attribute of our School, which collectively provide a balanced education for our young men and women, so they may flourish beyond the school gates.”