At Pittwater House, we have developed our Masterplan to sustain the needs of our 21st Century learners.
In partnership with leading architects, the Board of Governors, traffic management specialists and stakeholders, we are delighted to now be upgrading our campus. The objectives of the Masterplan will be completed in phases with the first and second phase already complete and operational.
After a pause, we will move onto the next phase of our Masterplan works.
- Provide a seamless and safe drop-off/pick-up experience for School families (completed January 2022)
- Extend the amenity and accessibility of the Senior School buildings (completed January 2024)
- Increase the number and facilities of classroom spaces across the School
- Develop a dedicated Library and Resource Centre for Junior and Senior School students
- Provide a single Reception/Admissions Office for new and current families.
For a full birds eye view of our vision for the renewed campus, please watch this video.
Senior School Upgrades
In January 2024, works for the second phase of the project were completed, with students benefitting from:
- Outdoor, covered flexible learning spaces
- Broad new covered outdoor corridors
- Additional spaces for use in wet weather
- Lift access to both Senior School Buildings
- Improved flow and accessibility.
Concept image of the Senior School block from the Oval
Newly opened Senior School amphitheatre during recess
See the construction as it develops from the demolition in July 2022 to where we're up to at the end of each term.
Drop-off and Pick-up Zone
In January 2022, the School opened a new driveway onto South Creek Road serving as our new Drop-off and Pick-up Zone, allowing cars to enter the campus for a brief period in the morning and again at pick up time. This solution was designed in conjunction with a traffic management firm to arrive at the best possible scenario to manage school and local traffic.
Outside of these brief drop-off and pick-up times, the gate to this driveway is locked, when the area becomes a large play space for our students.
Library and Resource Centre
This new two-level building will be located adjacent to the Junior School and will include:
- A Junior Library and a Secondary Library
- Individual study and reading spaces
- Group study areas and meeting hubs
- A Makerspace (where students can come together to develop creative projects)
- A meeting and learning space to house 80-100 students.
Concept images of the Library and Resource Centre
Reception and Admissions Office
On the ground floor, a combined Reception and Admissions office will provide a single access point and meeting spaces to current and visiting families for school matters, which is easily visible and accessible from the South Creek Road carpark.
Upgrades to furnishings, fittings and technology will be occurring throughout the Masterplan process to ensure all our classrooms are of a high standard.
- Augment existing facilities with more modern facilities that reflect new ways of learning;
- Provide high quality, multi-purpose learning and meeting spaces for school students and visitors;
- Remediate existing buildings to make them bright new learning spaces;
- Improve accessibility and safety for students and staff on campus.
Our School will continue to operate on-site as normal, so the construction program will be managed to minimise dust and noise. Careful design and supervision of building works allows for our students to continue to engage in all the activities that comprise each day with minimal adverse impact.
• Prior to construction, considerable noise testing was completed with key stakeholders
• Project planning will occur in fortnightly blocks, to respond directly to the changing needs of the School calendar
• Noise reduction glass sheeting has been applied to classroom windows
• The School has sourced a number of prefabricated classrooms that can be used on a flexible basis when required
• The most intensive construction will take place during school holiday periods.
The welfare of the Year 12 cohort has been of high importance in the planning. Year 12 exams will be conducted off-site in a local facility to minimise potential disturbances. For other important learning activities, such as exams for Years 7 – 11, we will be working with the contractors to schedule work accordingly. The Junior School will not be significantly impacted by scheduled building works.
Your feedback is important to us. If you have additional queries, please email us on: [email protected].