Bring Your Own Device
Outline of the Junior BYOD program
Outline of Senior BYOD program
Information from JB HiFi on how to order
Please note that purchasing through JB Hi-Fi Education program, with associated insurance, provides an onsite, business level of support in the event of any damage or warranty claim but parents are encouraged to ensure that JB Hi-Fi Education program meets their needs. If you elect to purchase through another supplier warranty support will not be through the school. Additionally we highly recommend that such devices are covered with personal insurance and with extended warranty cover.
We have partnered with Family Zone and ySafe to roll out changes to our cyber safety measures. Each family at TPHS is entitled to a Family Pack that contains Mobilezone apps to cover a maximum of three children and six devices. A Family Zone email will invite you to activate your account and commence protecting your children's devices. If you did not receive this email please contact Familyzone Support: Email: [email protected], Call: 1300 398 326 (local call)
Installation of Mobilezone
- Instructions to set up on your child's laptop
- Instructions to set up on your child's mobile phone
- On your child’s device, search the App Store or Google Play Store for Mobile Zone and install it.
- Register the device - Open the Mobile Zone app once installed, enter your account details and assign the device to your child.
- Accept all permissions - follow the prompts to accept all the permissions to ensure Mobile Zone runs optimally
- Instructions to set up Zone Manager on YOUR mobile
[See TPHS Cyber Safe Hub for full support]
Student Learning Technologies resources
Student and Parent Digital Technologies Summary
There are a wide suite of resources available to TPHS Parents and Students. Please read this summary.
Box of Books - Years 7 to 11 textbooks
Use your student TPHS email and password access your texts online. [For new students this will be provided on your first day at school]
Download the Box of Books app to have offline access.
Adobe Creative Suite
Please come to the Learning Technologies Support Desk for help with installing Illustrator, Animate, Photoshop and all the other great Adobe software.
Microsoft Office - Word, Powerpoint, Excel
Students can self install Microsoft Office on their device. New students will be given the credentials to complete this on their first day of school.
- Go to the above link. Log in with your school email address and school password. Pick 'School account'.
- Click Install Office. The “Install Office 365 apps”. A prompt will be displayed and the installer will be downloaded.
- When download is finished, run the installer in order to install the applications.
- Launch 'Word' and when prompted enter your School email and password to authenticate Office 365.
- Setting up your OneDrive ensures that important files are backed up. Instructions to set up for Mac here. If you are using Windows 10 your OneDrive is automatically set up.
Access Outlook Webmail
Student printing service for current students. Only available when at school.
Password Self-Service has been suspended.
Please contact our Learning Technologies Department at [email protected] to reset your password.