Bring Your Own Device
Link for an outline of the Junior BYOD program
Link for an outline of Senior BYOD program
To purchase a laptop through our preferred partner please visit the TPHS purchasing portal. Please note that purchasing through CompNow, with associated insurance, provides an onsite, business level of support in the event of any damage or warranty claim but parents are encouraged to ensure that CompNow meets their needs. If you elect to purchase through another supplier warranty support will not be through the school. Additionally we highly recommend that such devices are covered with personal insurance and with extended warranty cover.
We have partnered with Family Zone and ySafe to roll out changes to our cyber safety measures. At the beginning of Term 1 2019, you will receive an email from Family Zone inviting you to activate your account and commence protecting your children's devices.
Student Learning Technologies resources
Student and Parent Digital Technologies Summary
There are a wide suite of resources available to TPHS Parents and Students. Please read this summary.
Box of Books - Years 7 to 11 textbooks
Use your student TPHS email and password access your texts online. [For new students this will be provided on your first day at school]
Download the Box of Books app to have offline access.
Adobe Creative Suite
Please come to the Learning Technologies Support Desk for help with installing Illustrator, Animate, Photoshop and all the other great Adobe software.
Microsoft Office - Word, Powerpoint, Excel
Students can self install Microsoft Office on their device. New students will be given the credentials to complete this on their first day of school.
- Go to the above link. Log in with your school email address and school password. Pick 'School account'.
- Click Install Office. The “Install Office 365 apps”. A prompt will be displayed and the installer will be downloaded.
- When download is finished, run the installer in order to install the applications.
- Launch 'Word' and when prompted enter your School email and password to authenticate Office 365.
- Setting up your OneDrive ensures that important files are backed up. Instructions to set up for Mac here. If you are using Windows 10 your OneDrive is automatically set up.
Access Outlook Webmail
Student printing service for current students. Only available when at school.